| || |
EXTREME- AND HEAVY-DUTY FIBER OPTIC SAFETY INTERLOCK SWITCHES FOR HARSH ENVIRONMENTS.
bannerengineering.com—March 31, 2006—Banner Engineering announces its compact yet rugged PICO-GUARD™ Extreme- and Heavy-Duty Safety Interlock Switches. Constructed of solid metal, these switches are designed for use with the PICO-GUARD fiber optic controller for personnel safety applications and provide reliable, non-contact access guarding for doors, guards, gates and covers. The switch features an active/passive configuration allowing the optical fibers to enter and exit from one side of the guard only—making them ideal for removable doors and panels. Available in stainless-steel and die-cast metal housings, PICO-GUARD Extreme- and Heavy-Duty switches resist the rigors of tough environments.
Download the Hi-Res version of this image.
- Available in chemical-resistant 316 stainless-steel and impact-resistant die-cast zinc housings
- Designed to meet stringent Safety Category 4 applications
- Operates at ranges from 1 to 50 mm
- Allows for a degree of misalignment and vibration
- Available in 1.8, 4.5, 9.0 and 15.3 m standard fiber lengths
- Includes center mounting holes for easy installation
- Features integral polyethylene jacketed plastic fiber with fluoropolymer sheathing on extreme-duty model
- Features polyethylene jacketed plastic fiber or polyethylene jacketed plastic fiber with fluoropolymer sheathing on heavy-duty model
- Approved for use in explosive gaseous environments (Class 1/Div. 1, Class 1/Zone 0) by ATEX, FM and CSA standards
- Rated IP67
Direct link to request product:http://bannerengineering.com/picoguard_switches
For more information on Banner’s PICO-GUARD™ Fiber Optic Safety Systems visit: