| HOFFMAN SYSPEND™ 281-MAX PROVIDES HEAVYWEIGHT
MN—November 13, 2009—Hoffman announces the SYSPEND™ 281-MAX HMI Suspension System for supporting and/or repositioning Human-Machine Interface (HMI) enclosures and devices up to a maximum load capacity of 281 lbs. The newest addition to Hoffman's rugged SYSPEND family of HMI products, the 281-MAX is designed around a modular platform consisting of aluminum tubes and die-cast aluminum components. This flexible system configuration provides an aesthetically pleasing solution for use in a wide range of process control applications where an enclosure needs to be positioned out of the way for cleaning, storage or safety considerations.
Download the Hi-Res version
of this image.
The SYSPEND 281-MAX Suspension System includes varying lengths of tubes, elbows, adapters and additional components that can be configured to provide a perfect suspension system for specific applications. The 281-MAX offers ergonomic, fatigue-free operation. Clean lines and smooth transitions between tubes and system components provide attractive aesthetics and easy cleaning. Tubing also provides structural integrity and acts as a conduit for equipment wiring, further enhancing the refined look. Plus, the six-fold positive connection between tubes and components, along with recessed mounting areas, deliver a secure attachment. Tubes attach with set screws that grab into the recesses in the system components for increased safety; no additional safety drilling is required.
"Hoffman's SYSPEND product family delivers robust and ergonomic solutions for supporting HMI enclosures,” said Nathan Espinosa, Hoffman product manager. “Now, the 281-MAX adds to this comprehensive line, providing variety in system configuration, advanced design and ease of assembly." Espinosa adds, "Featuring an aesthetic, modular design, users can select from a series of tubes—with multiple lengths available—as well as elbows, adapters and more to build the ideal suspension system that is suitable for their applications.”
Vertical motion tubes provide versatile, height-adjustable solutions for pedestal mounting an HMI Enclosure, and the system design facilitates user-friendly re-adjustment at any time, without disassembling the complete system or calibrating off-site. The 281-MAX features fully gasketed components that maintain the NEMA Type 12 enclosure rating.
Several features of Hoffman’s SYSPEND 281-MAX Suspension System make it particularly easy to use and set it apart from similar systems:
- Supports up to 281 lbs. and allows operators to easily move controls into and out of position
- Includes multiple modular components for simple and ergonomic operation and can be built to fit any application
- Features clean lines and smooth transitions between tubes and system components for attractive aesthetics and easy cleaning
- Delivers structural integrity via tubing that acts as a conduit for equipment wiring
- Provides a unique, height-adjustable pedestal mounting solution
- Features tube set screws coated with Loctite™ to seal threaded holes and provide secure connections; allows for easy adjustment of system alignment
- Allows user-friendly readjustment at any time without disassembling the complete system
- Offers cable access covers available on all components
- Provides heavy-duty bearings in all movable joints for convenient, smooth operation and enhanced durability to withstand stresses of repeated use
- Delivers variable torque adjustment available for all rotating components; general adjustment at the bearing with locking handle adjustment on enclosure couplings
- Presents a wide range of configuration components and accessories
Hoffman, based in Anoka, Minn., is a leading designer and manufacturer
of systems that safely and reliably protect the electronic and electrical
controls in industrial, networking and commercial construction applications.
With 65 years of experience, extensive technical expertise
and a vast distribution network, Hoffman is recognized as an industry
leader providing a broad range of standard, modified and custom enclosure
solutions to customers worldwide. Hoffman is a member of the Pentair
Technical Products GBU, which also includes McLean Cooling Technology,
Taunus, Aspen Motion Technologies, Pentair Electronic Packaging,
Schroff, Calmark and Birtcher. For more information or to locate
a sales office, visit www.hoffmanonline.com or
contact Hoffman, 2100 Hoffman Way, Anoka, MN 55303.
Media Contact: Jaclyn Larson (Next Communications). Phone: 952-934-8220.